Terms & Conditions, Cookies Policy and Privacy Statement
Huddle Terms and Conditions of Sale
This document (the “Agreement” or the “Terms”) sets out the terms and conditions between BDI Events Limited and you when you purchase a ticket or register for any event or conference organised by BDI Events Limited or participate in any survey of BDI Events Limited’s. By purchasing a ticket or registering for an event or conference organised by BDI Events Limited or participating in a survey you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. You should read this document carefully.
BDI Events Limited reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted to this website (the “Website”). This updated version of terms and conditions for BDI Events Limited is applicable from 2 August 2016.
Huddle Dublin 2016 is being organised by BDI Events Limited, a wholly Irish-owned company, which is in the main business of organising sports conferences.
- REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All purchases of tickets for conferences and events (including hotel rooms if applicable) are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of BDI Events Limited and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a conference or event, the liability of BDI Events Limited is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card, event and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation or attendee to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to BDI Events Limited or its affiliates without the express prior permission and co-operation of BDI Events Limited. In the event of breach of these terms any tickets purchased by the organiser and their affiliates will be rendered null and void. BDI Events Limited reserves their right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
The tickets purchased (including hotel rooms if applicable) are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. Where there has been any re-sale or attempted re-sale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout. BDI Events Limited reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behaviour, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
BDI Events Limited reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behaviour, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
BDI Events Limited will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is prohibited. You consent to film and sound recording as attendees at any event or conference.
BDI Events Limited and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of BDI Events Limited’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
BDI Events Limited will not be liable for the granting of any visas that are required to attend any event or conference. In the event that an attendee’s visa is not granted tickets will not be refunded for any event or conference.
If an individual seeks a refund on general attendee tickets that were purchased before their startup ticket was purchased, BDI Events Limited will not grant a full refund when the general attendee ticket price has increased beyond the startup ticket price.
Name changes will be facilitated free of charge up to 30 days prior to the commencement of the event. Within 30 days of the commencement of the event the following handling charges will apply; a handling charge of €30 will apply for a name change within 30 days of the commencement of the event. The handling charge will be increased to €100 for a name change within 10 days of the event. No name changes will be facilitated 7 days prior to the commencement of the event and the ticket price will be forfeited.
For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at [email protected]
In the event that the purchaser is a consumer and to whom the European Directive on Consumer Rights (Directive 2011 / 83/ EU) applies, the consumer would be entitled to a cooling off period of fourteen days which would begin on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
If you have been selected to volunteer at the event but have already bought a ticket, you are not eligible for a refund.
- EVENT CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
BDI Events Limited is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. BDI Events Limited shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, BDI Events Limited reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name – before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event. Irish law governs these terms and conditions and any dispute are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- GENERAL CLAUSES
BDI Events Limited shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters.
You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
You agree not to:
- Use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- Upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else;
- Use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the Website;
- Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component;
- Copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- Alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use.
We reserve the right to: modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the Website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
Monitor any activity and content associated with the Website.
We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the Website; and/ or complaints relating to the Website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the content in the Website.
Complaints can be made to [email protected] We will endeavor to resolve any customer complaints where reasonable.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
- What is a cookie?
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers to record session information and/or to assist you in browsing the Website. This may in some instances only be statistical data about how you browse the Website.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the Website by using a cookie file, in order to help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
- to store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests. We can take you straight back to the same location when you visit again.
- to speed up your searches.
- to estimate user numbers and patterns and recognise when you return to the Website.
- to store temporary information when you are browsing the Website such as goods and services you are browsing and who you are logged in as. This information is deleted when you log out or close your browser window.
- to identify who (if anyone) referred you to the Website. This would be a comparison website’s name and helps us to identify how successful our marketing is.
- What information do you hold on me?
The only other information we hold on you is that which you give us. This is limited to your name, email address, the type of ticket you have purchased, and in some cases telephone number, business name and street address. This information is not shared with anyone that is not directly involved with any goods or services arranged through the Website.
- Which cookies do we use?
The following are the cookies we use on the Website:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|_ga||Google Analytics – Usage tracking|
|_gat||Google Analytics – Usage tracking|
- The Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the Website. The Cookies used by this product collect information in an anonymous form and are used by many different websites. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Managing Cookies Usage
- You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting allaboutcookies.org.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, or would like us to remove some or all of this information, please email us at [email protected]
- The HuddleDublin.com website (the “Website”) is operated by BDI Events Limited (“we“, “our”, “us” or “Huddle Dublin”). We respect your right to privacy. Any information provided by you to us will be treated lawfully in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts“) and/or such amending legislation or other applicable data protection legislation as may be adopted in Ireland from time to time. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline our policies and practices regarding the processing, collection, use and disclosure of any information you submit to us through the Website. You are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement by using the Website. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
- The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices relating to the Website. In order to fully understand your rights, we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement, our Terms & Conditions and Cookies Policy. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any other websites. This Privacy Statement applies only with respect to the information collected on the Website and not any information collected or obtained through other methods or sources. Please note that you must be at least 18 years old to use the Website. Each time you use the Website, you will be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and you should review this each time you use the Website to satisfy yourself that you are happy with it.
- For the purpose of the Acts, the data controller is BDI Events Limited with its registered office at 4/5 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.
- Types of Information Collected
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide to us when using the Website or availing of our services or in response to specific information requests explicitly presented to you such as your name, company name, delivery address, e-mail address, payment details (including credit/debit card details), details of previous orders and any passwords of your choice;
- information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, posting material (such as comments, postings reviews, ratings and other information) on the Website or requesting further services (such as activities you may sign up to on the Website);
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- optional information such as your date of birth, your position within your business, gender and other demographic information to support your use of the Website;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- IP addresses and Cookies
- Purposes for which we hold your Information
- We will use any personally identifiable information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to notify you after registration of your account details;
- to provide you access to the Website and to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website;
- to respond to any queries you submit to us;
- to send you information, products, services or vouchers for which you have asked or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide you with information on services offered by us, our partners or our advertisers where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to seek your views on the Website and our services;
- to inform you about any changes to the Website and services;
- to process any requests we receive from you;
- to fulfil any contractual obligations formed between you and Huddle Dublin; and
- to send newsletters, promotional emails and to offer related services to you from Huddle Dublin.
- We may also use your data, or disclose your data to selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these.
- We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out (or unsubscribe) in the future from any marketing or promotional emails we may occasionally send. You may change your preferences at any time and this option is provided in the promotional e-mail you receive or can be done by contacting us directly at [email protected]. Even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications, we reserve the right to notify you about your account. If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form on which we collect your data.
- We use any non-personally identifiable data gathered from visitors to the Website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise the Website.
- We do not, without your consent, disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide anonymised statistical data to them for research and survey purposes. We may also use such information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- We will use any personally identifiable information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Where we store your personal data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of follow up services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or username which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password or username confidential. We ask you not to share this information with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required for the Website services. Examples of such services include analysing data, providing marketing services, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. In such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. We may disclose some or all of your personally identifiable information (other than credit card information) with merchants or suppliers, including, but not limited to, products and services suppliers, airlines, car rental agencies, and travel agencies, whose services you have purchased for their commercial purposes and to provision the services. You may not use the Website if you do not want us to use or disclose personally identifiable information collected about you in the manner identified in this Privacy Statement. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information when posting comments or other information or content through the Website, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of the Website available to others.
- We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order: (a) to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order or other statutory or legal requirement; (b) to enforce the Website Terms & Conditions or other agreements or to protect our rights, property or safety of BDI Events Limited and its subsidiaries and group companies; or (c) to protect the safety of users of the Website, or others.
- We may disclose your personal information to other members of the BDI Events Limited group of companies and approved contractors or sub-contractors working on our behalf.
- We may provide non-personally identifiable data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Website, the demographic breakdown of our users of the Website, or the activities that visitors to the Website engage in while on the Website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include, for example, potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
- Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your personal data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Statement and provided that the third party uses your personally identifiable information only for the purposes that you provided it to us.
Your personally identifiable information is held on secure servers hosted by our Internet service provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. However, we take your online security very seriously and we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate industry and technical protocols and standards) to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse, alteration or disclosure. We endeavour to use appropriate security measures.
- The Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties for your convenience and information only. We accept no liability in connection with any third party website accessed via a link from the Website, or any contract entered into or through a third party website. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us at [email protected]
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Accessing, Updating, Verifying and Deleting personally identifiable information
You have the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data and may inform us of any changes in your personally identifiable information, and in accordance with our obligations under the Acts, we will update or delete your personally identifiable information accordingly. To find out what personally identifiable information we hold on you or to have your personally identifiable information updated, amended or removed from our database or if you would like a copy of some or all of your personally identifiable information, please email us at [email protected] Any access request may be subject to a prescribed fee (which will not exceed €6.35) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- We may amend this Privacy Statement on occasion, in whole or part, at our sole discretion. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement on the Website. The changes will be posted on the Website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner. Continued use of the Website following notice of any such changes shall indicate your acceptance of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, as it may be amended from time to time, in whole or part, you must cease use of the Website.
- If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at: [email protected] Our registered address is 4/5 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.